The Young Scientist Film Awards is the annual COBIS science competition in partnership with National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in London. It is open to COBIS member schools and non-member schools for students in KS1-KS5. For this competition, students are asked to make an exciting film celebrating the diversity and excitement of science.
More info here: https://www.cobis.org.uk/students/cobis-student-competitions/cobis-young-scientist-film-awards/2019-young-scientist-film-awards
Previous winners set very high standard
See past years VDOs here: https://www.youtube.com/user/COBISScienceAwards
COBIS member schools is £150 for up to three films and £50 per additional film after this. Non-member schools can enter for £200 for up to three films and then £75 per additional film.
Need media (film) making and editing skill including with science knowledge
3-5 hour per week for preparation filming and editing
1. Read the competition rules below
2. Promote the competition in your school (download poster here)
3. Select your team – identify student talent in film making, presenting, explaining etc.
4. Register intent to participate by entering your contact details here
5. Make your film/s!
6. By 22 February 2019
Get real scientists to provide feedback on a draft edit of your film(s):
Share film file (using wetransfer or similar) with firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Submit films
For each film:
- register information here
- (to permit broadcast), return the release form to email@example.com
- share film file (by wetransfer or similar) with firstname.lastname@example.org