GIMUN aims to promote the ideals and principles of the United Nations by giving students a chance to participate in educative events.
GIMUN organizes many different events throughout the year. From year to year, these activities have been developed in order to fulfill the ideal of GIMUN as a permanent platform that young people can use to discuss international affairs, the role of the United Nations and its values.
Ways to get involved:
- GIMUN Annual Conference in March of every year
- The elaboration of a MUN Delegation, that meets every week in block sessions of 6 weeks in order to simulate a committee of the United Nations
- The creation of an online-journal, “UNO, You Know?” that will allow students to express their opinions on international affairs, and acquire information on different UN-related topics
- The organization of educative events on the United Nations (e.g. Visits of interesting sessions at the United Nations, conferences, panel discussions)
- The organization of a study trip with our partner IFIL (Initiative for Intercultural Learning).