Feb 10, 2019

Spanish Biology Olympiad

  • Crimson Education
  • Spain
General Tutoring Competition Skill Building

Description

A local chapter of the International Biology Olympiad, the first stage of the Spanish Biology Olympiad is usually held around end of year in each University District.

The best participants within each district go on to the National Championship, which is usually held around March. 

The national phases consist of face a written section of up to 150 questions, worth 60% of the final score, and four practical tests around four experimental methods, worth the remaining 40%.

The XV Spanish Biology Olympiad (XV OEB 2020) will be held from September 17 to 20 in Bilbao.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the XV Spanish Biology Olympiad that should have been held from March 26 to 29 in Bilbao, will be held in person from September 17 to 20 in the same city of Bilbao . The 61 winning students of the autonomous phases, who were already enrolled, will participate in it.

For more information visit here

Type of Opportunity

Extracurricular Activity

Age Range

16-18

Competitiveness

5/5

Participation Cost

3/5

Registration fees: EUR 100-200 per student
Lodging on national phase: 90-200 per student
Travel to national phase to be paid separately

Minimum Technical Skill Needed

5/5

Olympiad encompasses all content in national secondary education curriculum, up to end of school.

Time Commitment

2/5

Regulary study is required; local phase winners often attend further preparatory course.

Application Deadline

Applications for 2020 competition are closed. Dates for 2021 are TBA.

Application Process Includes

Candidates must be registered by their schools; typically these will be in their last year of secondary schooling only.