Students should create an app with the following parameters:
● TOPIC: The app can be about any topic.
● PLATFORM: The app can be on any platform (web app, desktop/PC app, a web
browser extension, robot, Ruby on Rails, mobile, etc).
● PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE: Use any programming language: C/C++, Objective
● FUNCTIONALITY: The app must have some degree of functionality to be
● CONTENT SUITABILITY: The app cannot be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad
taste, demonstrate a lack of respect for public morals or conduct, adversely affect
the reputation of Congressional districts, or depict hatred, defame, or threaten a
specific community in the society or incite violence. Contain pornography,
obscenity or sexual activity are prohibited. The app must not violate the
Intellectual Property, common law or privacy rights of other parties.
● ORIGINALITY: The app must be original and solely owned by the Contestant such
that no other party has any rights or interest, whether known or unknown