Sep 16, 2022
Remote (United Kingdom)
Volunteering/Community Service/Social Entreprenuership
Club or Organization
As a STEM Tutor at Sciencious Tutoring Program in England, you will be:
- Making lesson plans and materials (i.e. worksheets, presentations, online classes, etc.) to underprivileged and passionate children in England.
- Conduct STEM lessons remotely through zoom/Google meet or in person (if UK citizens and are able to reach the children)
- Working with a team of tutors and the Director of Tutoring regularly to discuss lesson plans.
- Preferably UK citizens
- Embracing skills and experience listed below
- Proficient in English and able to deliver lessons in simple wordings.
- High school/college students who are passionate about STEM and teaching others.
- Dedicate at least 4 hours per week to prepare materials and conduct at least 2 lessons.
Type of Opportunity
STEM-passionate students worldwide and especially in UK are applying for the position.
No cost in required for application.
Minimum Technical Skill Needed
Skills needed to become a STEM Tutor at Sciencious Tutoring Program UK includes:
- Time management - being able to spend approximately 4 hours per week preparing materials and conducting at least 2 lessons
- Demonstrate empathy
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent classroom management abilities and engage students with the subject matter
- Have strong knowledge and skills in STEM fields that the applicant would like to teach
- Collaboration and leadership skills
Minimum of 4 hours per week to prepare materials and conduct at least 2 lessons.
Application Process Includes
- Fill out the form of interest: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfeHC0ZIhj2sF7VyMC3KXAe-hbUTWYTc25bGGrIbTus_8v8Yw/viewform
- Wait for the results via email
- If accepted, you will be invited to the interview round!