The Active Youth is a newly born student-led organization that connects people from around the world to build a community of changemakers. By participating in and developing initiatives we target to build a multicultural space where we can all have a positive impact on our society and tackle current global issues. Some of our initiatives members take part in include developing our podcast, in which we interview experts in various fields, crafting social media posts, and contributing to our plastic cleanup challenge at the app Litterati. However, we have many more initiatives in mind and also like our members to take leadership and develop their own projects with the help of The Active Youth.
GAIN NUMEROUS BENEFITS!
By joining, you can enjoy some of our benefits, such as having the help of our team in recommending programs and opportunities for personal growth and academic development in whatever field you would like. In addition, we will be partnering shortly with 100 mentors, a digital mentoring platform with partners from Brown University and EY, so our members can gain soft skills relevant to their positions and earn the Soft Skills certificate through mentorship sessions.
Currently, we have positions open in the following areas:
- Podcast, The Active Youth Brightening Minds. This initiative involves contacting experts in any field of relevance, interview them and contribute to our podcast. If finding an expert causes a problem, our team can find one for your interview.
- Social media/Marketing. This area involves posting weekly posts about any pressing global issue for our Instagram community. In addition, you can also promote our organization on other platforms such as TikTok and establish partnerships with other organizations and initiatives.
- Plastic cleanup challenge at Litterati. This position engages students to participate in our challenge at Litterati and become a challenge ambassador by promoting exclusively our challenge on social media, email, the internet, etc.
- (new!) Fundraising team. Apart from raising awareness for future generations on pressing global issues, we want to make our impact also quantitative. Therefore, we have opened a new fundraising team in which fundraising campaigns will be organized in every single aspect from deciding the cause of the campaign to maximizing the number of donors and holding fundraising events.
Does any of these positions appeal to you? Then do not hesitate to apply, we welcome any high school student from around the world, we embrace diversity and want this to be a great space for everyone. We are sure that you will do an amazing job not only at The Active Youth but also contributing to a worldwide movement. It is us that need to save and improve our planet!
YOU CAN APPLY FOR THE POSITIONS ABOVE THROUGH THE FOLLOWING FORM:
FORM LINK: https://forms.gle/d4oZ5ddMZPRaRsM7A
ALSO, CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!
- Website: https://www.theactiveyouth.org/
- Instagram account: @theactiveyouth_
Find your place in the community and be part of the movement for a better future!
The competitiveness varies depending on the profiles that have applied for each team, but every average student can get a position at The Active Youth.
There is no cost to participate!
- Basic Word, PowerPoint, Canva skills
- Having social media skills and knowledge in crafting social media posts (only for Social media/Marketing team)
- Have knowledge in how to elaborate interview questions and how to edit audios for the podcast (only for Podcast team)
- Have a strong interest in our initiatives and eagerness to work with us!
We want our members to be comfortable with the hours of commitment and value quality over quantity. Typically, we would say between 1 and 3 hours a week, but it may vary depending of the moment and the amount of work to be done.
- We want to know you both in an academic and personal way.
- We would like to know why you would be a suitable candidate for the position you applied for.