Oct 27, 2021
Volunteering/Community Service/Social Entreprenuership
The day-to-day role of a fundraising manager typically involves:
- Recruiting, organising and inspiring volunteers
- Researching fundraising opportunities and writing grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Building relationships with major donors or companies
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Managing information and recording the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Managing your own budget and ensuring targets are met
- Ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as charity of the year partnerships) and are kept informed of progress and key milestones
- Developing and organising fundraising campaigns, events and door-to-door collections
- Spotting fundraising opportunities and raising awareness of the organisation's work
Type of Opportunity
You'll typically need a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising for the role of a fundraising manager. However, prior experience in similar areas such as marketing or sales can sometimes be considered as a substitute as they require many of the same skills.
Minimum Technical Skill Needed
- Excellent communication skills: Both verbal and written communication skills are important for the role of a fundraising manager. You will also need to build long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explain your charity’s cause to them.
- Research skills: You will need to be good at researching and devising strategies, as well as spotting and taking advantage of donation opportunities
- People management abilities: You need to be adept at managing others, whether they be in your team, in the wider organisation, or partners.
Strong budget management skills, organisation skills and IT skills are also important as these will all support you to achieve the fundraising targets you're aiming for. In addition, you'll need to have a keen interest in, and commitment to, the cause you’re raising money for.
Hours: This position is volunteer position with flexibility