A Community Photographer will be tasked with capturing a multitude of aspects of their community through a lens. These photographs will be used in various materials for TLG’s campaigns, including articles, newsletters, social media content, website content, blog posts, and more. A few examples of photography assignments:
- Old buildings & other heritage in your community
- Storefronts of local businesses
- Community gardens and parks
- The effects of natural disasters in your community
- Residue of political campaigns (Signs supporting particular candidates, ballot stations, etc)
- Important social/political events (Protests, rallies, etc)
- Community infrastructure (Public transport, streets, etc)
- And more
- Photograph specific subjects for particular campaign material.
- Find and photograph parts of your community that tell a story. (For example, you may want to photograph a community garden that was created in order to reduce crime.)
- Provide a short background (100-150 words) behind photographs if necessary
- Adhere to formatting guidelines specified in each assignment (portrait/landscape, etc)
- ALWAYS ensure photographs are unedited
Fill out the form attached to apply for a role as a Community Photographer. We will get back to you via email within 24 hours if we select you for this position. If you haven't received an email within that time frame, remember to check your spam folder. We look forward to hearing from you!