Video Contest: SHINE WITH PRIDE
In celebration of U.S. Pride Month 2021, the American Centers in Vietnam are organizing the “Shine with Pride” video contest to encourage all Vietnamese ages 15 and above to submit an original one-minute video clip that shows their support message of equal rights for the LGBTQI+ community. The video can be in the form of a dance, a song, a speech in English, a story, or anything you can think of! This Pride Month, let your creativity #ShinewithPride 🏳️🌈🏳️⚧
1. Entries may be submitted between June 14 and June 30, 2021.
2. Announcement of the winners will be posted on the U.S. Embassy Hanoi and U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City’s Facebook page anytime early July 2021.
1. All people aged between 15 and above and residing anywhere in Vietnam, except professional film makers, are entitled to enter the contest. Only individual participants are accepted, i.e. group work submissions will not be accepted. One participant can only submit ONE (01) entry.
2. Video submissions must be one-minute long, in .mp4 or .mov HD format with 1:1 aspect ratio (square video). Submissions should not have any visible watermarks, signatures, or personally identifiable information.
3. Language used in the video must be ENGLISH. The video must be accompanied by a title and a caption relevant to the contest’s theme “Shine with Pride” (in English, 100 words maximum).
4. Videos submitted as entries must be original and participants' sole property, i.e. owned and created by the participants. Videos with copyright infringing material will not be eligible for entry into the contest or prizes.
Free music resource: http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos
5. Submission of videos is from June 14 and June 30, 2021 (Vietnam Time).
6. There will be two headline awards for the contest: Best Performance and Best Storytelling Video
- The Best Performance award will be given to a highest scored video delivering an art performance;
- The Best Storytelling Video award will be given to a highest scored video telling a meaningful and impactful story.
*** Winners and finalists may choose to use an alias instead of their real name and may request other identifying information be kept private.
7. The contest winners will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Editing and Visual Quality: skillful, imaginative editing and visual design (45%)
- Content: convey meaningful and engaging message (45%)
- Language: clear, relevant caption and content in English (10%)
8. All qualified entries will be uploaded as one Facebook album.
9. Two (2) contest winners and four (4) other finalists will receive a certificate and a gift box of swags from the American Centers in Vietnam.