Application deadline: Vietnam Time, July 4, 2021 (11:59 p.m.)
Project Budget: Maximum $10,000
Mandatory forms: Downloadable from the right sidebar (updated in November 2020)
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce that funding is available for “EducationUSA Standardized Test Prep Courses 2021” through the Public Diplomacy Federal Assistance Awards program. Proposals for projects must focus on:
(1) Vietnamese students who are currently studying at local high schools and universities in Vietnam or
(2) university graduates who are currently working in Vietnam and interested in studying in the United States.
The courses should be held from the beginning of November 2021 to the middle of January 2022. The program will be comprised of a 10-week SAT prep class (advanced level) and GRE prep class (intermediate to advanced level) for Vietnamese learners (age 16-35 years old). The classes will take place twice a week at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City’s American Center. Each class will have 20 students maximum. The opening ceremony, mid-term review, and awards ceremony will take place at the American Center.
Goal: To improve Vietnamese student applications to U.S. undergraduate and graduate programs by developing the skills and knowledge needed to maximize their standardized test scores.
• Improve Vietnamese student applications to U.S. undergraduate and graduate programs;
• Develop the skills and knowledge needed to maximize Vietnamese learners’ standardized test scores (SAT and GRE);
• Promote U.S. higher education;
• Promote awareness of EducationUSA resources available at the American Center;
• Encourage Vietnamese students to study in the United States.
Participants and Audiences:
The target audience is Vietnamese citizens between 16 – 35 years old.
Beginning of November 2021 to the middle of January 2022