* Complete a project that solves a problem for a real organization and add it to your resume.
* Get a professional recommendation from your personal mentor that details your skills and accomplishments.
* Learn new skills, relevant to an impact-focused profession, and apply them to real scenarios.
* Complete three online courses and earn a certificate from the University of Richmond.
* Attend an immersive series of lectures delivered by leading academics, professionals, and local experts.
WRITE A LESSON PLAN ON BASIC SANITATION
Teaching the importance of basic hygiene to children dramatically reduces the risk of disease and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Propose a lesson plan to help the organization teach local children the importance of handwashing and other aspects of healthy living.
REPORT THE EFFECTS OF CONTAMINATED WATER
Contaminated water sources cause waterborne illnesses that kill millions each year. Use data collected by the local organization, interviews, and research to write a report detailing the importance of clean drinking water in order to gain funding for the cause.
IDENTIFY TRAINING GAPS IN MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
Gather information on the training gaps of medical practitioners within the local community. Research and propose a way to source the specific expertise and deliver required training to fill the gap and improve the quality of healthcare within the community.
The internship is noncompetitive
8 weeks (max. stay) $3,066
There is no a technical need
40h/ week. Min: 2 weeks and max: 8 weeks
=> To be considered as a good ECL activity, it should be 8 weeks+.
Please see: https://www.volunteerworld.com/en/volunteer-program/global-public-health-online-virtual-internship-in-united-kingdom-devon-1#requirements