Curiosity Astronomy is a virtual, internationally reaching astronomy and physics experience for K-12 children with an interest in STEM. We will be operating 100% online, however members will have the opportunity to start their own branch if interested. We offer numerous services including...
- Free one-on-one help for those looking to start their own club, where we will meet with the interested person and help design a curriculum based on all of their desires and needs.
- Weekly/biweekly online events for any students who are interested in joining, ranging from expert Q&A sessions to mission simulations to creative challenges. If one is interested in participating, they are able to sign up for our newsletter and receive information about the events early in the week in which they will be taking place.
- A blog about recent scientific discoveries, skywatching, and even science fiction, that any board members can contribute to.
This specific posting is for those interested in leading/organizing events! You'll be the ones who are designing the weekly/biweekly zoom events for people to participate in. There are no limits in the activities you can create, as long as they are practical during these times, related to STEM in some capacity, and are appropriate for the age group you advertise it to. You will also have the opportunity to be the leader of these events when they occur.
Mildly competitive. We are looking for any high schoolers with a passion in STEM, and you'll be asked to describe that passion. However, no previous experience is needed.
- Must be relatively good at utilizing/hosting on some form of "facechat" website such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc...
- Must be able to design activities that translate well to a virtual space.
At least 4 hours a week needed to plan and host the event, more might be required sometimes depending on your idea. We will also have board meetings twice a month at about an hour a week, which you should plan on attending.