We have a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a vibrant and expanding national organisation working to make Aotearoa a safer place for rainbow young people.
We currently have space for one tangata whenua executive adviser role (over the age of 27), and several youth trustees positions for people under 27.
The board takes care of the more big picture stuff – overseeing our vision, setting our strategy, making big decisions, receiving reports on projects, contributing to financial planning, decisions around employment etc.
The general role of a board member is to support the following processes:
- Set and maintain vision, mission and values, and develop strategy
- Establish and monitor relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure moral and legal compliance and accountability with relevant organisations
- Maintain proper fiscal oversight
- Select, manage, and support staff in their roles, and evaluate performance
- Maintain effective board performance through member conduct and utilising development opportunities
- Promote us as ambassadors and work to protect the reputation of the charity
- Be familiar with the strengths and challenges that sexuality, sex and gender minority youth in Aotearoa face
- Support us to uphold our commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Represent the organisation in an official capacity as required
- No experience required, however knowledge of our charity and the structure of governance boards would be an advantage
- Contribute to the vision, mission, and values of our charity
- Regular meeting attendance (Hours per month – 6 -15)
The ongoing commitments are:
- Attending a three hour board meeting at a set time monthly (usually 6-9pm on the second Tuesday of each month)
- Attending occasional additional meetings throughout the year eg. strategic planning days, trainings
- Allowance for meeting one on one or in sub-committees with board members or staff as needed
- Approximately up to one hours worth of responding to board business via e-mail weekly.
Our charity is an inclusive organisation and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Those interested in a youth trustee position are invited to apply.