May 14, 2019

Techstars Startup Weekend São Paulo Young Women

  • Crimson Education Brasil
  • São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Competition Workshop

Description

Techstars Startup Weekend events allow people of all ages to participate in the entrepreneurial process, using an innovative method to go from an idea to a business in 54 hours; from zero to hero! This special edition in São Paulo is focused on empowering young women ages 14 to 17 to engage with entrepreneurship. 75% of spaces will be reserved for young women, while the remaining 25% are available to others.

The event begins on Friday evening and ends of Sunday when groups present their startups to a panel of judges made up of investors, representatives of major companies, startup accelerators, etc. Participants' ideas can even be discovered and supported by these leaders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of São Paulo! 

Frequently asked questions 

Do I need to have an idea for a startup to participate? 

No! You can come up with an idea at the event or work on an idea suggested by another participant. Your experience will be equally transformative either way! 

Do I need to know anything about technology? 

No, the objective is to develop your entrepreneurial and innovative capabilities. 

Do I need to have a group already? 

Just the opposite; you will meet many interesting peers and form a group during the event. 

Do I need to know anything about startups? 

Absolutely not. You will learn everything you need to know at the event and we guarantee that your learning experience will be incredible! 

For more information, visit the official website: http://communities.techstars.com/brazil/sao-paulo/startup-weekend/14250 

Type of Opportunity

Extracurricular Activity

Age Range

14 to 17 years-old

Competitiveness

1/5 

Anyone can sign up for the event, although a limited number of startups are selected as winners. 

Participation Cost

$$


R$170 - R$200 registration fee depending on the number of participants. This price includes meals, all necessary materials, a t-shirt, exclusive gifts, workshops and mentorship. 

Minimum Technical Skill Needed

1/5


No prior skills are needed. 

Time Commitment

1/5 

Event lasts for one weekend. 

Application Deadline

June 6th, 2019 (Space permitting).

Application Process Includes

Register online and pay the registration fee. 

Image