Internet Society Youth Fellows wish to increase youth participation in Internet Governance Issues. Even though we are digital natives, young people are secluded from the decision making table on policies and issues affecting the internet that has shaped and continue to shape our daily lives.
The Digital Grassroots Ambassador program is an initiative to accomplish the following goals:
- Build a positive narrative on youth participation in Internet Governance
- Engage youth in resolving internet relation problems at community level
- Introduce youth to participation in Internet Governance through mentorship
- Use Internet Literacy as a tool to accomplish Sustainable Developmental Goals
The Digital Grassroots Ambassador program will include:
- An Internet Literacy Coursework tailored to accomplish the SDGs
- A community engagement activity that will be done by selected Ambassadors
- A 4 week mentorship program with a mentor to induct Ambassadors to Youth Participation in Internet Governance
- The course is 100% Online
Successful Ambassadors will receive a certificate at the end of the program, an opportunity to share success stories and write articles related to internet on the website, forum and social platforms, and an exclusive mentorship program on how to engage as a youth in Internet Governance, and an opportunity to join the core team in a given capacity.
- Between 14 and 29 years old
- Interested in using the internet as a tool for social good and development
- Community Centred individual passionate about sharing information
- Applications encouraged from persons from regions facing internet related challenges including access problems.
- You do not need prior experience in Internet Governance to participate
- Applicants are encouraged to join the Digital Grassroots forum for news updates (Optional).