Each participant must compete in four different events: Debate, Impromptu Speaking, Persuasive or After Dinner Speaking and Interpretive Reading.
The challenging environment provides an avenue for individual students not only to practise and test their oratorical skills but to value the importance of the art of expression; the ability to communicate and gain recognition and respect for our ideas and opinions is vitally important.
The Championship is aligned with the ideals of excellence, identity, and the art of expression, ie the ability to communicate and gain recognition and respect for ones ideas and opinions. It targets tomorrow's leaders - students in a global market who must learn to interact and collaborate with peers from diverse schools, cultural backgrounds and countries.
For more information please visit the official website here.
6 Awards (Best Speaker, Best Actor, Best Debater, Qualifiers, Alternates, School).
SIX of Korea's top high school speakers will qualify to compete at the World Individual Debating and Public Speaking Championship.
Registration cost: 50,000 WON (travel, international round cost excluded).
Students participate in 5 different categories: oratory(persuasive, humorous), interpretive reading, debate parliamentary, impromptu random topic speech.
- Oratory: 4-6 minutes original speech, persuasive in nature. One 3x5 card allowed for notes.
- Oratory: 4-6 minutes original speech, humorous in nature. One 3x5 card allowed for notes.
- Interp Reading 4-6 minutes dramatic reading. Little movement. Bring your script.
- Debate Parliamentary impromptu 6-6-8-8-2-2 times. Almanac and dictionary allowed.
- Impromptu Random topic, 2 minutes prep, 3-5 minutes speaking. No notes.
One day selection process + 5 months of training before the international round.
1. filling out a reigstration form
2. contact school faculty's liaison.