Why join this Virtual Experience?
As a business, we're focused on opening up a world of opportunity. We want to help you understand what working here involves, the problems you might be asked to help solve and the ways we work together for our customers.
Our Global Banking & Markets Virtual Experience has been built to provide insights into the Investment Banking & Markets teams in the Global Banking & Markets business. Maybe you know this is a field you want to explore - or maybe you're just curious and interested to find out more about the types of work our analysts do. Either way, this is the course for you.
The work will not form part of an official recruitment process - it is designed to broaden and deepen your understanding and to discover if it's a path you're keen to pursue. You'll receive model answers afterwards to further enhance your understanding of Global Banking & Markets at HSBC.
The experience will take no more than six hours to complete...
Are you passionate about local news? Are you well-versed in the art of leadership and interested in facilitating a team of journalists? If so, apply to become the leader of a chapter of TLG in your school or community! You’ll be tasked with organizing meetings for your chapter, providing support to your writers, and facilitating communication between your chapter and The Local Globe’s Executive Director.
Recruit a team of at least 3 journalists in your school or community (All journalists must live in the same city/town/region/province).
Organize meetings for your Chapter to brainstorm article ideas and make deadlines clear.
Create at least one edition of articles per month for your chapter.
Compile all articles into a unitary document and send it to the Executive Director at the end of each month.
Ensure that all journalists in your chapter are aware of article guidelines (these will be provided once your chapter is set up), such as the need to...
We are looking for 2 Social Media Managers on our Communications Team. Your role would include:
- Using the app Canva to create visually engaging Instagram posts and stories which summarize articles written by our journalists
- Engaging with TLG's audience on a regular basis (responding to messages, liking and commenting on posts of relevant accounts, following relevant accounts with a focus on targeting individuals)
- Reaching out to potential partners for campaign initiatives via social media
A Community Photographer will be tasked with capturing a multitude of aspects of their community through a lens. These photographs will be used in various materials for TLG’s campaigns, including articles, newsletters, social media content, website content, blog posts, and more. A few examples of photography assignments:
- Old buildings & other heritage in your community - Storefronts of local businesses - Community gardens and parks - The effects of natural disasters in your community - Residue of political campaigns (Signs supporting particular candidates, ballot stations, etc) - Important social/political events (Protests, rallies, etc) - Community infrastructure (Public transport, streets, etc) - And more
Responsibilities: - Photograph specific subjects for particular campaign material. - Find and photograph parts of your community that tell a story. (For example, you may want to photograph a community garden that was created in order to reduce crime.) - Provide a...
The Local Globe is an organization dedicated to restoring interest in local news and engagement.
Become a Campaign J ournalist for The Local Globe. You’ll be tasked with investigating local news and stories in your community and writing articles about them. Most of the stories you write will relate to the campaign that The Local Globe is running at that point in time. For example, if TLG ran a Local Sustainability Campaign, a Campaign Journalist may write an article about an eco-friendly garden in their community. Your articles will be published on our website and displayed on our social media.
- Write 1-2 articles per month, with the topics of those articles relating to the campaign that TLG is running at that point in time.
- For each article, provide a list of sources used in MLA format
- Gather detail-rich content (interview content, direct quotes/statements, and other primary resources) to support your articles.
- Provide 2-4...
Journalists will be tasked with finding and writing articles about unique stories in each of your communities. These stories, topic-wise, should be (for the most part) unrelated to TLG’s campaigns. For example, in a Local Sustainability Campaign, an External Assignment Journalist would write articles unrelated to environmentalism. Instead, you may interview a new local business owner about their hopes for their enterprise or write about a local initiative to help the homeless or comment on a local political campaign. In a nutshell, the articles written by External Assignment Journalists serve as a stream of content for TLG’s website and social media aside from our campaign material. If you are somebody with a creative wild side who likes writing short and snappy content without a prompt, this role is for you!
Write 2-3 articles per month, each one being 600-700 words
Gather detail-rich content (interview content, direct quotes/statements, and other...